Seven days. I have seven days left in Toronto before I head back to Nova Scotia for two months. Just writing that scares me a bit because of all that I have to get done in those days but never mind.
Maritimers are sometimes ridiculed for wanting to go home so often. Why is that? Why wouldn’t you want to go to the Maritimes? Especially in the summer.
Here are just five of the reasons any sane person would want to high-tail it back to Nova Scotia:
- The natural beauty. National Geographic has said that the Cabot Trail is a “must see”. Any list of top drives in the world will list the Cabot Trail as one of the most beautiful.
- Golf. Canada’s only true links golf course is in Nova Scotia.
- Music. It’s an integral part of life and kitchen parties so many great east coast artists.
- Pride in culture. English/gaelic road signs, anyone?
- Donairs, blueberries, lobster. Enough said.
Seven days is too long.